GuardTools Academy Help
GuardTools Academy is an educational resource for all GuardTools users. This page explains the basics of Academy for course participants and for group leaders. Every company needs a group leader account to use GuardTools Academy so please email us at email@example.com if you need one.
For Course Participants
When your group leader enrolls you to a course, you will receive an email with all necessary instructions. If you don’t already have an account at GuardTools Academy, one will be created for you.
Registration & Login
Please give your employer your email address and they will invite you to GuardTools Academy. If you cannot see the invitation email, please check your spam folder.
When you log in you see your personal profile. It shows you the courses that are available to you, and the courses that you have finished, if any. Each course is divided into lessons and you can choose which lessons to take, and the order that you take them in. We recommend that you go through all the lessons from start to finish.
Exams & Certificates
Every course comes with an exam. You need to answer a certain percentage of the questions correctly in order to pass. It’s possible to go straight to the exam without taking any of the lessons. You can take the exam as many times as you want.
When you pass the exam you will receive a certificate of completion. We recommend that you download and save the certificate.
You can reset your password here and an email will be sent to you. Check the spam folder if you don’t see it. If you forgot which e-mail you used, get in touch with your group leader.
First reach out to your group leader. You can see who your group leader is on your profile page. If your group leader cannot answer your question, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Group Leaders
Your company is divided into one or more groups. Usually, there is one group per course. Each group has one or more group leaders who are able to order courses and manage participants.
Registration & Login
There are two ways to create a group leader account for your company. You can send a request to email@example.com or you can be added by one of the existing group leaders (see Adding Group Leaders below).
There are three forms of courses at GuardTools Academy. Every course is available in one or more of these forms.
- E-courses are online courses that the participant takes on their own, without your supervision. It contains an exam to test their knowledge (see the next section).
- Tutored online courses are group courses, where one of our trainers teach you through a video link.
- A tutored course is when we invite you to our premises for a group education.
Exams & Certificates
Every course comes with an exam. The participant needs to answer a certain percentage of the questions right in order to pass. It’s possible to go straight to the exam without studying any of the topics and the participant can take the exam as many times as they want.
When they pass the exam they receive a certificate of completion. We recommend that the participants download and save the certificate.
At the bottom of each course page there is an ordering section which is only available to group leaders. Choose which course form you want to order by clicking its corresponding order button. Fill in the information and place the order and we will get back to you shortly with further information.
Prices shown are excluding VAT. The cost of your order will be added to your next invoice.
Your company consists of one or more groups and each group has one or more group leaders. There are three pages to manage groups.
1) The group management page gives an overview of the group(s) that you manage. Use the blue field at the top of the page to change the group to manage. The page shows you which courses that are connected to the group, how many users are enrolled and how many seats that are available. There is a search field where you can search for a specific user. At the bottom there is a list of all the users and their status. You can click the Status header to sort the list according to status: not started, in progress or completed. Completed means that the user has passed the exam. Click the user to see further details.
2) Group course report shows more details about the users’ progress. While the group management page focused on the group, this page focuses on the course. If you have multiple courses in a group and only want to see statistics for a particular course, this is the page for you. You can show and sort by percentage (where 100% means that the user has passed the exam). There is a search field where you can search for a specific user.
3) Exam reports show statistics about every exam taken in a course by users from a group. This page is useful to get an idea of how hard your colleagues find the test. You can click the headers to sort the list. For example, click Exam score (once or twice) to see who has completed the exam or not. There is also a search field where you can search for a specific user.
You add participants using their personal emails. Go to the group management page, scroll down and click the blue button USERS and choose an option (if there are no options, read the next paragraph). Add one and Add multiple opens a form that you can fill in. If you want to add a large amount of participants, you can choose Upload users. This allows you to upload a CSV-file with all the participants you want to invite. CSV-files can be created with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel.
If you don’t see any options in the USERS-button, first make sure that there are available seats to give out. Go to the group management page and confirm that you are in the right group (as shown in the top blue field at the page). Under the heading Enrolled Users you can see the amount of available seats, and total seats. If you lack available seats, please purchase more seats (see the Ordering Courses section above).
Adding Group Leaders
Adding a group leader is easy but remember that all group leaders have the same access to order courses and manage participants. At the group management page, scroll down to the blue button Add Group Leader towards the end of the page. Click the button and fill in the form to add one or more group leaders.
Anyone can reset their own password by writing their e-mail address here. If a participant is unable to do that, you can reset it for them. In the group management page, under USERS, tick the checkbox for the user. This opens up a new button above the user list that says Send Password Reset.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.